How to wear a full skirt

Here you have a little something I had on just before the New Year for a weekend day out with my girlfriends. Funny enough, this is actually a going back to basics outfit for me – the kind of get up that I love the most, wear quite a lot and that’s representative for my style.

And it’s all about the skirt and flattering silhouettes. I could have as well named it: How to trick people into thinking you’re much thinner than you actually are? And after all the great food I ate on Christmas, I needed all the help I could get.

 
This emerald skirt it’s amazing – I love the length (a perfect midi) and the fullness of it it’s pure poetry (an it’s all in the fabric an pleats, it doesn’t have a petticoat so it’s super light). I’m going to get it in other colors too since it was quite affordable. 

The trick with a great full skirt is being the perfect size on your middle – if so it will make you look like you have a super small waist. Another thing with midi, voluminous skirts, is to wear them with heels – the shorter you are, the higher the shoes you put on should be – this way your legs will look long and svelte.

I wore mine with a fitted shirt (a reasonable tight top will balance the bottom part wonderfully) and a ladylike necklace with an emerald stone. As you can see, I was on an emerald streak since I even changed the brooch that holds my fur collar together with one that had a green stone included.

And since we are here, let me give you one more piece of unsolicited advice: put a fur on it! Everything looks better with a bit of fur and red lips. It doesn’t really matter what you’re wearing, it’s going to look classier with a fur number thrown on top.

Just to revise what we have learned today on how to wear a full skirt like there’s nobody’s business:
  • Pair voluminous skirts with fitted tops
  • Wear high heel - the shorter you are, the higher they should be
  • The waist band of a full skirt should have a perfect fit on your waistline
  • Use a special piece of jewelry to finish up the look: a statement necklace, big earrings
  • Don’t forget the accessories: long gloves, a fur collar, a nice bag
 I’m wearing:
ankle boots / botine - BB Up
  emerald skirt / fusta - green, red, pink, purple, neon
  long gloves / manusi lungi - random brand
shirt / camasa - Topshop (old)
fur collar, brooch/ guler blana, brosa - vintage
  necklace / colier - choies (here)
  tassel bag /geanta - Debenhams
leather jacket / geaca piele  - H&M